TOUGH Tips & Tricks
A Faster Way to Make You a TOUGH Expert
The following is a collection of TOUGH Tips and Tricks that may help you solve TOUGH problems. To post your own TTT, please send the material by e-mail to HGPrieto@LBL.gov (Helen Prieto, LBNL).
- 0=0 (Karsten Pruess)
- Installing gfortran Under MinGW on a PC (Kyung Jae Kim)
- Alfredo’s Trick Bag (Alfredo Battistelli)
- EXCEL Macros for Creating INCON Files (Ester Maria Vasini)
- Speeding up LINEQ (Martin Navarro)
- Smoother Displacement of Liquid by Gas (Martin Navarro)
- Static Gravity-Capillary Equilibrium using TOUGH2/EOS7C, (zip file) (Curt Oldenburg)
- Gravitational Potential Energy (Curt Oldenburg)
- Defining Equilibrium Gas and Liquid Saturations (Tim Tambach)
- Primary Variables, Variable Switching, Initial and Boundary Conditions (Stefan Finsterle)
- Specifying Atmospheric Boundary Conditions (Stefan Finsterle)
- Choice of Hydraulic Conditions on Horizontal Boundaries in Gas Reservoirs (Clay Cooper)
- Injection at Specified Temperature (Karsten Pruess)
- Modelling Large Geothermal Reservoirs (Grímur Björnsson)
- Modeling Falling Head Boundary Condition (Teamrat Ghezzehei)
- Water Table (Andrea Borgia)
- Presenting 3-D TOUGH2 Output with TECPLOT (Steve White)
- Gravity-Capillary Equilibrium (April James)
- Discrete Fracture Modeling Technique Using TOUGH2 (Keni Zhang)
- GMS-Petrasim-TOUGH2 (Terhi Kling)
- GMS-TOUGH2-GMS (Andrea Borgia)
- Quiz: Constant T Injection; Suppressing BALLA; INCON From Different EOS; Resetting Porosity; Mixed krel Functions for Liquid and Gas (Curt Oldenburg)
Some of these links are not working, it would be really helpful to me if somebody could fix this.
They work for me. Can you please refresh your page? Which particular tip do you want to download?
When you hover over a link, what link address do you see (it should be "esd1.lbl.gov", not "esd.lbl.gov").
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Hi Mr. Stefan,
About file GMS-TOUGH2-GMS (Andrea Borgia), can I get a procedure step by step? and from the https://tough.lbl.gov/software/tough-pre-and-post-processors/, only EOS1-EOS5 we can use. How about EOS9?
Dear Fadhli Rashid,
Please contact the developer of TMT2, Andrea Borgia (ABorgia@lbl.gov), for all questions related to TMT2.
Yes, the whole TOUGH website was moved but we have tried to preserve all content. For me, the content on MinGW is at
Please try this as the new Tips and Tricks website:
Let me know if this works. -Curt
Thank you very much Curt.
Both links are working. The new tips and tricks website is great. Perfect.